Become a member and open your share account today with a minimum opening deposit of only $25.00.
Whether you just need to place a stash of cash short term or you’re looking for long-term investment vehicles, your Credit Union has what you need. With as little as $60.00 you start earning dividends on your savings account.
Start planning for your retirement today by opening an IRA account at your Credit Union. With outstanding rates and funds that grow tax deferred year after year, an IRA account is an important part of your long-term savings portfolio.
- Offer tax-deferred earnings, and the possibility for tax-deductible contributions.
- You can contribute to traditional IRAs if:
- You earn compensation.
- Will not reach the age of IRS age limitation by the end of the year.
- For joint tax returns, you can treat your spouse’s compensation as your own (except your combine contributions cannot exceed your combined compensation).
- All traditional IRA are not taxed until they are withdrawn.
- The ability to defer taxes on the earnings and withdraw in a year when you may be in a lower tax bracket can mean more after-tax dollars for your retirement.
- Individual retirement account created by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.
- Contributions are never tax-deductible.
- Money in Roth IRA, including earnings, can be withdrawn tax-free
- You must conform to the plan provisions to get this tax-free advantage.
- You are eligible if:
- You earn compensation.
- Your income is less than limits set by congress.
- A single filer who has modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) up to current IRS limit can make the full Roth IRA contributions for that year.
- Each spouse filing a joint federal income tax return showing a MAGI up to current IRS limit can make the full Roth IRA contributions for that year.
- Some people with higher MAGI may be able to make smaller contributions.
Coverdell Education IRA
It's never too early to start saving for your child's education - especially when your funds could be growing tax-free in an Education IRA (now known as the Coverdell Education Savings Account).
- Contributions to an Education IRA are never tax-deductible.
- Education IRA offers you the potential for tax-free withdrawals (Including earnings).
- Contributions can be made to a child’s Education IRA until he/she reaches the age of 18.
- Anyone who meets the income requirements can open and contribute to your child's Education IRA.
- This includes:
- Aunts and Uncles
- Family friends
- Anyone else who wants to pitch in to your child’s education fund.
- Withdrawals are tax-free if used for:
- And other qualified higher-education expenses
For more information concerning the types of IRA investments we offer, stop by or give us a call. 601-355-6363 or 1-800-698-7570
Share Savings Certificates
Share Certificates from your Credit Union are an excellent investment opportunity if you do not need immediate access to your funds and want to invest for longer periods to obtain high rates of return. You can open your share certificate for as little as $500.00. All share certificates pay dividends on the last day of every month, giving you more earning power. Check out our rate schedule for current rates and specials on your credit union Share Certificates.
Christmas Club Account
Make Christmas shopping easier this year by saving in advance. You can start a Christmas Club at your credit union with a minimum opening deposit of $25.00 and start earning dividends when you reach $60.00. You can make deposits to this account in person, by mail, or have it payroll deducted each pay period. Funds on the Christmas Club account are disbursed early in November. Don't delay... open your account today.
Young Adult Account
For our young adults’ new benefits are now a part of your Credit Union Membership.
- Checking with no fees. Earn interest on average daily balance of $300.00. Checks are furnished free.
- ATM Card/VISA Debit Card*
- VISA Card* - with $300.00 credit limit
- For our college students we offer two (2) scholarships per year:
- $1,000.00 for a college student attending a 4-year college or university.
- $500.00 for a college student attending a 2-year community college.
*The age of majority in Mississippi is 21 years of age. Parental or guardian signature would be required.
Download Scholarship Form